After our first meeting in September 2019, we have chosen these initial targets:
To reduce paper usage by:
- Counting copies of The Pulse (our weekly newsletter) which are left over each week and to reduce printing numbers accordingly
- To encourage people to read The Pulse on-line rather than have a paper copy
- To encourage people to receive one-off ‘Special’ orders of service by email and to bring their Ipads/Smart Phones to church to follow the service rather than have a paper copy.
- To calculate our church’s Carbon Footprint and make suggestions for improvements
- To encourage church members to calculate and act upon their personal Carbon Footprints
- To buy recycled ‘ethical’ toilet paper for the churches and SL Church Hall from ‘Who gives a crap’
- To place Beehives (and bees) in our churchyards
- To be part of the Effingham Village Tree planting initiative
- To place Bug Hotels in both churchyards
- To replace toilet flushers in both church toilets with a dual action flusher
- To research the possibility of Community Recycling Bins (e.g. Glass, Cardboard, Clothing) for our church hall carpark.
- To use ‘environmentally friendly’ cleaning products in both churches and Church Hall.
- To use ‘environmentally friendly’ weed control in church yards.
- To build and place bird boxes in both churchyards
- To encourage congregation to place bird boxes in their gardens
- To encourage congregation to switch from Google Internet Search Engine to Ecosia (which plants trees to off- set global warning)
- To implement wildflower borders in AS and SL churchyards from March 2020 onwards